Saturday 18 February 2012

200 smoke free days!

I have been 200 days GENUINELY smoke free TODAY! Which is the longest time period I have ever gone without putting a cigarette in my mouth.

I can categorically confirm there are no benefits to stopping smoking.

1) My blood pressure has gone up. Probably stress related.

2) I'm drinking more... Little and often... Probably stress related.

3) I don't have any more money. It has been spent on other things - some more enjoyable than smoking, some less enjoyable.  Overall, this effect cancels itself out.

4) Improved taste is good on the days you eat a well cooked meal, but not so good on the waist line over a long period. This effect cancels itself out.

5) Getting your sense of smell back is not good if you use public transport in London. I have major problems with this.

The only thing that is keeping me going is the sense on achievement that I feel against myself and the hope that one day I might be able to enjoy a cigar.... as long as I, ahem, don't inhale.

How long  before I'm considered 'out of the danger zone' ?

No comments:

Post a Comment