Sunday 1 July 2012

Race for Life


Well, it has been emotional - far more emotional that I had anticipated if I’m honest. I think that I had been focusing so much on the 10k part of the day, that when I arrived at Blackheath and saw 1000 of women in a sea of pink, wearing the names of loved ones lost, t-shirts with tributes to grandparents, friends, mum’s, dad’s, children… the reality of the days events really hit home. Needless to say I cried at various points along the course. Most of all I think at the 8km marker as I passed a lady who was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of her daughter which said: 

‘For Maisey -  because today you would have been 13!’

I completed the course in 1hour 3minutes and 6seconds. I really am thrilled with that time. Thank you for all your support and sponsorship! I would definitely recommend the race for life and I will definitely be doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment