Tuesday 17 April 2012

The Last Night

I have just finished my last ever night shift. I am fortunate in so far as, that on a night shift, everyone is asleep and I am charged with the job of keeping-an-eye-on-things until the morning staff arrive and the real work gets done.

I don't work many night shifts. The area of the NHS that I work in requires us to work only 3 night shifts a month. I see night shifts as a welcome novelty. 10 hours piece and quiet without anyone (colleagues or patients) breathing down my neck and generally getting on my nerves.

Things I will miss about night shifts.

1) Listening to LBC 97.3.
2) Drinking Lucozade.
3) Eating (NHS) Corn Flakes for breakfast.
4) Having time to think.
5) Being free to research the internet.
6) Sleeping all day.

Things I will not miss about night shifts.


1) Not being able to get Radio4 on the work computers. The iPlayer doesn't load.
2) Forgetting that I need to drink water and ending up dehydrated with painful kidneys.
3) Sleeping through lunch.
4) Having too much time to think.
5) Having the time (and the inclination) to Google people.

No comments:

Post a Comment