Thursday 19 April 2012

No Man Will Every Love You, Like I Do

This man has an amazing voice.


He has so much passion in his voice.

I met my boyfriend one year ago today and there is no way he loves me in the same was as this guy loves... I know this for a fact for a number of reasons:

1) If I ended up in a wheelchair tomorrow I don't think he would still want to be my boyfriend.
Even though I know he loves me. And that although he thinks I'm beautiful. And what he loves most about me is my intelligence... I still feel that there are conditions on our love. That I am not the be all and end all. Than I am not quite what he is after. I still get the impression that if I wasn't his girlfriend, someone else would do. But that I will do, (for now).

2) I have still not met his family.
Even though they live in a different country, the technology exists that an informal introduction could have been made by now. He tells me that they know all about me, but I still feel invisible in him life. We spent Christmas with my family, it was in fact the first time in my life I have had a boyfriend around for Christmas day. The reason I let him spend Christmas with my family is that I wanted to show him off... nuff said.

3) When he goes away on business he doesn't return my calls.
Now I'm not saying that I'm calling every 20mins and being a mental bitch down the phone, but usual patterns of behaviour are disrupted when he is away. For example I will call him (out-of-office-hours) and he will reject my call and turn his phone off. This he never usually does, if I call and its inconvenient then he will either answer or text to let me know when it is convenient.

4) In the last year, he has compromised once.
I am in part to blame for this. I haven't compromised much  more. Both he and I are so adamant in what we will and will not accept, I think often we managed to forget that there are two of us in this relationship. 9/10 times this is not a problem as we genuinely want the same thing, however it its the 1/10 times when we reach a loggerhead, lock horns and both refuse to budge.

5) He still feels that I will judge him for the mistakes of his past.
I know this for a fact as there is much of his back story that he still refuses to discuss with me. What he seems to have forgotten is that aside from my natural curiosity, my other default mechanise is to think and over think things. If one is inhibited then the other kicks in 10 fold. What I suspect is that he cheated on he ex-wife (although I think that was probably a consequence of their failing marriage not a cause of it) and then I suspect that he other long term girlfriend (and maybe the nameless woman in question) cheated on him. This is not entirely speculation, I have drawn upon various evidence that he has 'let slip'. What he doesn't realise is that in spite of this back story I love him just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment